Gains in Microsoft, Amazon and Alphabet helped the S&P 500 jump past the 4,000 point mark for the first time ever on Thursday as optimism about a recovering US economy persists.
Author Archive for: Harrison-Discombe
You are here: Home1 / Harrison Discombe
About Harrison Discombe
As part of a statement signed by 12 other countries, the US and UK have heavily criticized a World Health Organization (WHO) report into the origin of the coronavirus pandemic, while also accusing China of ‘withholding access to complete, original data and samples”.
President Joe Biden has this week unveiled plans for what he calls a ‘once-in-a-generation’ investment in infrastructure across America, promising it would lead the country out of the struggles of the pandemic to create the “strongest, most resilient, innovative economy in the world”.
The NFL has announced that its owners have made the decision to extend the regular season from 16 to 17 games, starting this year. The extra game signals the first change to the NFL schedule since 1978.
President Joe Biden’s son Hunter has announced that next week will see the release of his memoir, in which he details his lifelong struggle with alcoholism and drug abuse, writing that “in the last five years alone, my two-decades-long marriage has dissolved….
Nike has denied that the company has been using any type of textiles or spun yarn from the Xinjiang Autonomous Region (XUAR), where China allegedly holds Uyghur Muslims and other ethnic minorities in forced labor camps.
The latest round of international soccer fixtures has seen controversy over the upcoming World Cup in Qatar intensify as Norway players wore T-shirts reading ‘Human rights on and off the pitch’ in the build-up of their qualifier against Gibraltar this week.
The New York Giants have agreed to sign former Detroit Lions wide receiver Kenny Golladay to a four-year, $72 million deal as teams continue to bolster their roster via free agency.
Pharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca has again updated its data on how well its coronavirus vaccine is working, announcing this week that it is showing 76% efficacy against symptomatic coronavirus disease and 100% efficacy against the severe or critical disease or the need for hospitalization.
Johnny Depp’s lawyers have told the UK Court of Appeal that Amber Heard told a ‘calculated and manipulative lie’ when she claimed she donated her $7 million divorce settlement to charity.
- What is Post Pandemic Stress Disorder? April 13, 2021
- Expert Claims Israel May Have Reached ‘Sort Of Herd Immunity’ From Covid-19 April 12, 2021
- China Looking For Foreign Vaccine Options After Admitting To Ineffective Vaccines April 12, 2021
- Michigan’s Surge In Covid-19 Cases Has Health Experts Worried For Rest Of The US April 12, 2021
- Updated Efficacy Levels in Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca Vaccine April 11, 2021
- S&P 500 Reaches 4000 Points For First Time Ever April 11, 2021
- UK, USA Criticize WHO Covid Report, Accuse China of Withholding Data April 11, 2021
- Biden Reveals Details of $2 Trillion Infrastructure Investment Plan April 10, 2021
- Some European countries are re-opening their borders April 10, 2021
- 1 In 3 Covid-19 Survivors Diagnosed With Mental Health Disorders Within 6 Months Of Recovery April 9, 2021