From robot-assisted surgery to email spam filters, there is much we gain from artificial intelligence. However, people are often wary of systems that they don’t fully understand. Dr. Ashis Banerjee, an associate professor of industrial and systems engineering and mechanical engineering at the University of Washington, has made it his mission to educate people about the ways in which automation can contribute to the betterment of humankind.
Trademarked, the BRODERICK PROBE®, the tiny nanoprobe was created by a tiny but mighty five-foot girl, Dr. Patricia Ann Broderick, PhD. The name was to honor her father, Patrick Broderick, Patricia felt a strong desire to name the nanoprobe sensor after her father as her father was killed and taken from her in a shocking oxyacetylene torch welding accident on the Christmas Eve when Patricia had just turned the age of seven. The abandonment that Patricia feels every Christmas Eve is formidable and the complexity of the brain always propelled her to elucidate how the brain works. What happened to her father?
Astrophysicist Avi Loeb is on a mission to try and find some alien technology that he believes is lying on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.
Nikki Indelicato is a Contributing Reporter at The National Digest based in New York. You can reach her at email@example.com.
STEM workers hold the power to create vital and innovative changes not just for their industries, but society as a whole. However, ethics and conduct hold equal weight, and improper professionalism can have sizeable impacts. That’s why consultants like Dr. Stephanie Bird have worked to ensure young STEM up-and-comers are trained to handle both their work, and the ethical responsibility that comes with it.
According to a study conducted in 2020 using healthcare data from 4,443 fatal cases of Covid-19, long-term exposure to high levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) correlated to an increased risk of severe/potentially fatal cases of Covid-19.
The world of physics has advanced greatly since the days of Albert Einstein and his groundbreaking theory of relativity. Dr. Young Suh Kim is an accomplished physicist, educator, and a self-described ‘freedom-loving boy,’ who’s credited for bridging the gap between Einstein’s theory, quantum mechanics, and the ways in which they’re both similarly derived.
The Hubble Space Telescope captured a single star that is 28 billion light-years away, the furthest it’s ever captured a glimpse of. The star could be between 50 to 500 times bigger than our sun, and is likely millions of times brighter, according to a study published in the journal Nature.
In order to thrive in challenging STEM roles, students and workers need inspiration and passion to reach levels they never thought possible. Purdue University’s Professor of Industrial Engineering Dr. Barrett Caldwell helps them to make those boundary-breaking moments happen.
From 2010 to 2020, renewable energy in the United States rose 42%, making it the fastest-growing energy source in the country. With ever-rising climate change distresses tied to natural gas and coal, many experts like Dr. Xingwu Wang are looking towards renewables — such as wind power and hydropower — as the future.
Dr. Anthony Fauci recently spoke about the current rate of vaccination in America, claiming that millions of Americans still need to get their vaccinations in order to slow or stop the spread of Covid-19.
- Protected: The Curative Power of Faith, Spirituality, and the Bounty of Nature | Dr. Rev. Diana B. St. Clair December 9, 2022
- Protected: One Attorney’s Commitment To Making Change In His Community, And Beyond | Adalberto Ruiz December 9, 2022
- How One Man’s Journey Through Medicine, Art, Real Estate, and Culture Taught Him To Embrace The World And All It Has To Offer | Dr. Dennis Law December 7, 2022
- Beauty Belongs To Everyone: Making A Difference, One Haircut At A Time | Lisa McDaniel-Ramos December 7, 2022
- Protected: STEM Is For Everyone: How One Woman Is Creating New Learning Opportunities For Kids Everywhere | Reagan Flowers December 5, 2022
- Protected: How We Can Fight Climate Change One Building at a Time | Jim Newman December 5, 2022
- Physicists Create ‘Baby Wormhole’ Using Quantum Computer December 1, 2022
- From Real Estate To The Recording Studio: ‘There’s No Better Time than the Present To Start Following Your Dreams’ | Renée Ruth December 1, 2022
- Kim Kardashian Outraged Over Balenciaga Ads Featuring Children Holding Bondage Bears November 30, 2022
- Will Smith Opens Up About Chris Rock Oscars Slap on The Daily Show November 30, 2022