There is currently an active arrest warrant for Marilyn Manson in Gilford, New Hampshire for two counts of assault dating back to 2019.
According to a post by the Gilford Police Department, “Manson, originally Brian Hugh Warner, was charged after being accused of assaulting a videographer in a stage pit area while performing a concert at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion on Aug. 18, 2019. The alleged assaults are not sexual in nature.”
People Magazine reported that Howard King, Manson’s attorney, claimed the charges were filed after the videographer asked for $35,000 for “effects on camera equipment.”
King said “the request was made after a small amount of spit came into contact with the videographer’s arm. After asking for evidence regarding the claim we did not receive a response.”
“The whole claim is ludicrous, but we remain committed to cooperating with authorities, as we have done throughout.”
However, concert attendees told People that Manson “blew a huge snot rocket on the videographer.” The Facebook post from the Gilford Police Department states that Manson’s agent and legal counsel have been made aware of the warrant for quite some time, but no effort has been made by either party that would suggest Manson will be returning to New Hampshire to address the charges.
A misdemeanor simple assault charge carries a possible jail sentence of less than one year and a fine of $2,000 or less. Earlier this month Manson was also sued by Game Of Thrones actor Esmé Bianco, after alleging sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, and she’s not the first to make these claims against Manson.
That lawsuit was filed in federal court in Los Angeles. Bianco claims that Manson violated human trafficking laws by bringing her to California from England under the false pretenses of roles in music videos and movies that never came to be.
Evan Rachel Wood also came out on social media this year claiming that Manson sexually, physically, and emotionally abused her throughout their relationship. At the time, Manson’s record label and agents all dropped him.
Manson responded to the allegations in February by claiming that they were “horrible distortions of reality. My intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how, and why, others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth.”
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s detectives also claimed that they were investigating domestic violence allegations made against Manson between 2009 and 2011; the survivors remain anonymous.
Eric Mastrota is a Contributing Editor at The National Digest based in New York. A graduate of SUNY New Paltz, he reports on world news, culture, and lifestyle. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.