On Thursday, five Memphis police officers were charged with second-degree murder in the death of Tyre Nichols, a 29-year-old Black man who was killed after a traffic stop turned violent. The video of the incident is expected to be released Friday evening.
President Joe Biden signed a $1.7 trillion spending bill this week that will keep the federal government in full operation, and allocate necessary funding to various sectors.
The gunman who shot and killed six co-workers at a Walmart in Chesapeake, VA, earlier this week legally purchased the gun hours before the massacre. He also left what he titled a “death note” on his phone detailing grievances with various people in his life.
Due to the lack of in classroom learning and having to switch to online teaching, most elementary schools are finding that because of the pandemic that math and reading scores have plummeted to its lowest level in over a decade.
Nikki Indelicato is a Contributing Reporter at The National Digest based in New York. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
27 years after he was mistakenly beaten by his colleagues, former police officer Brian Cox has been named Boston’s newest police commissioner. Cox hopes his tenure will result in greater community trust and more thorough policing.
According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, retail sales fell 0.3% in May, wiping out any progress made by a 0.7% rise in April. It comes as a 8.6% inflation jump has forced millions to focus their money on food and gas, the latter of which now sits above $5 per gallon nationally.
With the confirmation of the newest Supreme Court justice, Ketanji Brown Jackson, the court now has its first black female member. That kind of groundbreaking inclusion could help to bring new perspectives and results to an ever-changing America.
- Netflix Backtracks on Password Sharing Guidelines Following Backlash February 8, 2023
- New Study Suggests Women Leading Healthy Lifestyles May Reduce Their Risk Of Long Covid By Half February 8, 2023
- Kyrie Irving Traded To The Dallas Mavericks February 7, 2023
- Over 2,700 Killed after Two Major Earthquakes Rock Syria and Turkey February 6, 2023
- China Spy Balloons Discovered Under Biden, But This Is Not The First Time They’ve Appeared February 6, 2023
- First-generation iPhone Set to Sell for $50,000 at Auction February 3, 2023
- Grand Canyon’s Havasu Falls Reopening After 3-Year Closure February 3, 2023
- Decluttering Guru Marie Kondo Has ‘Kind Of Given Up’ On Keeping Her Home Tidy February 2, 2023
- Protected: Taking a Second Look at Redemption | Dr. Don Elijah Eckhart February 1, 2023
- One Homecare Consultant’s Journey To Helping Others Succeed While Growing Along The Way | Mevlude Markashi, Markashi Home Health Consulting February 1, 2023